Follow up question

MikeKn22@aol.com MikeKn22@aol.com
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 21:41:47 EDT

I am a bit confused by your response Mieszko.  What I am looking to do is have a function say called

ConvertString :: IO String -> String

or something like that.  Not sure if your examples achieve this.  I want to take the IO String and be able to use it as a String somehow.  My problem is I have a function for instance

getWord :: String -> String
getWord [] = []
getWord (x:xs)
    | elem x whitespace = []
    | otherwise         = x : getWord xs

If I change the header to

getWord :: IO String -> IO String

I get errors of types not matching.  Sorry if these are stupid questions but I am very confused by the difference of IO String and String, and want to know how you can use the IO String like a String.  Thank you.

Rob