Learning Haskell and FP

Johan Jeuring johanj@cs.uu.nl
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:48:58 +0100

>Who are the audience for  the books on Advanced Functional Programming?
>Academics with a theoretical CS background or someone with just a bit of
>understanding of FP? Ideally, I would like a course suited for someone who
>has completed a basic FP course.

It varies a bit per school (book) and per article. But certainly LNCS 925
contains a number of chapters that should be interesting for someone with
a general CS background and a basic FP course. I know it has been used
in a couple of undergraduate courses on advanced functional programming.

Topics, Authors, LNCS nr:

- Monads, Wadler, 925
- Parser Combinators, Fokker, 925
- Constructor Classes, Jones, 925
- (Monadic) folds (or catamorphisms), Meijer & Jeuring, 925
- Space leaks and heap profiling, Runciman & Rojemo, 1129
- Algorithms and data structures, Okasaki, 1129
- Graph algorithms, Launchbury, 925
- User Interfaces, Carlsson & Hallgren, 925, Peyton Jones & Finne 1129

etc.

Johan Jeuring

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~johanj/