Are anonymous type classes the right model at all? (replying to Re: Are fundeps the right model at all?)

Julian Assange proff@iq.org
29 Dec 2000 09:20:13 +1100

George Russell <ger@tzi.de> writes:

> I'm writing, but that shouldn't be too hard to tweak.  In particular I have
> followed SML in using "." to express qualification by something, even though
> Haskell already used "." for something else, because I can't be bothered right
> now to dig up a better symbol.

This is why all non S-exp like lanaguage are doomed to progressive
syntactic cancer as the useful parts of operator name space and syntax
space become progressively polluted and mutated by one fad after
another.

--
 Julian Assange        |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
 proff@iq.org          |and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
 proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery