Unabbreviation of Haskell's grammar tokens for readability

Solomon Ucko solly.ucko at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 02:36:59 UTC 2019

In the Haskell 1998 & 2010 reports, I found the names of the tokens for
Haskell's lexical structure / syntax / grammar very hard to read, as they
were highly abbreviated. I might get more familiar with them, but that
doesn't help newcomers, like me now. Anyone mind if I change them to use
full words? Mind if I separate the words with underscores? I made a few
changes with simple find & replace, and it made it so much more readable.
It did make the lines longer (duh!), but I see no reason for that to be
much of a problem. Or would horizontal scroll and/or line-wrapping be too
much of an issue? Where would the changes go, anyways?

Another thing that would be useful but could be harder to implement would
be links from usages to declarations of tokens.

Thanks,
Solomon Ucko

P.S. Please let me know if this has come up before, as I have just joined
this list.