LAST CALL to comment on the Applicative/Monad Proposal

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Tue Dec 18 21:40:56 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-18 2:38 a.m., Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> Hello Mario et al.,
>
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:17 AM Mario Blažević <blamario at ciktel.net> wrote:
>> While you're reviewing AMP, please take a bit of time to also comment on
>> the related new MonadPlus excise proposal at
>> https://github.com/haskell/rfcs/pull/23
>>
>> The proposal is very short so it should be an easy decision. Thank you.
>
> As I've explained already on the RFC, I refuse (i.e. to make this very
> clear: I'm exercising my veto) to accept the AMP change without also
> at least a commitment to MFP and MRP. And note that the committee was
> created with the explicit request from SPJ that it ought to be a
> consensus-based decision process rather than a democratic voting
> process -- and there isn't consensus in this matter as far as I'm
> concerned.

	What exactly would you consider "a commitment to MFP and MRP"? As for
myself, they are both on my to-do list. I just don't want to get lost in
endless discussions without having anything done, so I performed the
first step, the AMP. If that is accepted, I fully intend to prepare both
MFP and MRP proposals - unless somebody else does it first. Is that
commitment enough?