Remove eq and show from num class

Anthony Clayden anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Fri Sep 8 07:19:54 UTC 2017

I'm baffled. Is this some sort of 'in' joke at ICFP?
Then remember the rest of the world can see this list.

> All yays from committee members please reply with yes to
this email :)

If this is to the committee, shouldn't it be on the
committee list?
(I mean ghc-steering-committee.)

Or is there some other committee? I thought the
Haskell-prime forum and process
 was dead/replaced by the github proposals process?

If there is a serious proposal, please explain what it is
and what is the motivation.
At risk of me sounding like a complete dork: I find it
rather useful
that I can compare numbers for equality and show them.
(That is, without having to write my own instances.)

AntC