Step-by-step guide for creating a new proposal

Takenobu Tani takenobu.hs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:33:32 UTC 2016

Thank you for your kind explanation.

I understood that accountability of a proposal (github PR) is very
important.
If it doesn't exist, the github proposal repo may become a collection of
"throw-out" PRs.
It's reasonable for me that only committee members can create PRs.

In my understanding from your explanation, the proposal process is the
following:

(1) pre-discussion about a particular proposal [everyone]
      * privately talk with committee members, or,
      * talk on the haskell-prime mailing list

(2) creating the new proposal on github [only committee members]
      * PR by a committee member

(3) open discussion on github [everyone]
      * conservation on the PR

For me, (1) is now clear.
If it's written somewhere, it's easy for non-committee members to
understand the total proposal process:)

Thank you for committee's great work,
Takenobu