Step-by-step guide for creating a new proposal

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:50:49 UTC 2016

I guess the question is what is the definition of issue in that context?

Whatever the specifics, I think if you either

a) privately talk with a memeber of the committee about what you intend to
do and they are willing to "co own" / "sponsor it", and this is indicated
in the pr summary or the like
B) ask on the list about a particular proposal / pr you wish to write up
and at least 2-3 committee members explicitly respond with supportive noise
like "sure"/ "go for it" etc, then linking that thread as part of the
description of the PR  counts as support by those committee members for
that pr

(Mind you I'm making up this approach / rubric)

The intent I think of the current language in the repo is that drowning in
proposals would not be a good state of affairs, and that likewise members
of can hold each other accountable.

Anyways: what do you have in mind? :)