Step-by-step guide for creating a new proposal

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:40:39 UTC 2016

On 04.10.2016 01:27, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
> During our Haskell Prime lunch meeting at ICFP, I promised to create a detailed
> step-by-step guide for creating Haskell Prime proposals on GitHub.  The
> instructions are now available here:
>
>  https://github.com/yav/rfcs/blob/instructions/step-by-step-instructions.md
>
> Please have a look and let me know if something is unclear, or if I misunderstood
> something about the process.

The target audience for this document is someone who is unfamiliar with Git and
Github, which we should make clear at the beginning. As an experienced user, it
left me searching for relevant information among all those sub-lists to find out
that it really just is about opening a pull request containing a template. We
might provide a link to the document in the process section [1] of the current
README if others think this amount of detail helps lowering the barrier of entry.

One thing we should also mention somewhere is to please provide a link to the
rendered version of the proposal in the ticket, because Git diffs are in a very
reader-unfriendly format.

Greetings,
David

[1]: https://github.com/yav/rfcs/tree/instructions#proposal-process