Named arguments to functions?

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:16:04 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

I was going through https://prime.haskell.org/wiki/Process#Proposals and
noticed the following:

> Ideally the language change should be implemented already, so that
experience gained with the implementation can inform the discussion

Is this a hard requirement? I would like to see the ability to pass named
arguments to functions somehow (most probably through anonymous records).
I'm unaware of any existing language extension that solves this problem.
Does this render the discussion out-of-bounds from a Haskell Prime
perspective? Has this already been proposed and considered?

Also, going by what is given on the Wiki, I'm confused about where to check
the current status of proposals that are being considered. Which is the
primary link:

*
https://prime.haskell.org/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=state
* Or, https://github.com/haskell/rfcs