Are there GHC extensions we'd like to incorporate wholesale?

wren romano wren at community.haskell.org
Sun May 8 01:48:13 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Herbert Valerio Riedel
<hvriedel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2016-05-04 at 06:48:38 +0200, wren romano wrote:
>> Speaking of which, are things like the AMP and FTP under our purview
>> or are they under the CLC?
>
> I tried to clarify in the call-for-nomination and the formation
> announcement that the library part of the Haskell Report shall be
> formally under the CL(i)C's purview

I get that. My question was more because of how various things in the
Prelude are hard-coded into the rest of the report— in particular, the
core type classes feel like they span the boundary: the Monad class is
needed for the IO type for `main`, the fromInteger method of Num and
fromRational method of Fractional are needed for handling of numeric
literals, etc.

--
Live well,
~wren