Infrastructure & Communication

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 04:31:10 UTC 2016

On April 29, 2016 at 10:49:38 PM, wren romano (wren at community.haskell.org) wrote:

> I like (something like) GitHub issues for tracking the exact content
> of proposed changes and their (direct) commentary. As far as the
> particular tool I'm mostly agnostic, but lean slightly towards github
> over trac. I've never used phabricator so can't say there (though I'm
> slightly against, as it'd be another tool to learn.)

If github makes sense but there is a concern over a permanent record that is not in the custody solely of a private company, then there is a nice tool (in haskell no less) that will pull the various associated data of a repo (including issues) into a branch in the repo itself [1].

We could then script a regular pull of the repo into some common haskell community infrastructure.

Cheers,
Gershom

[1] https://github.com/joeyh/github-backup