Infrastructure & Communication

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Apr 29 13:22:23 UTC 2016

I think the general interplay between mailing lists / wiki pages / Trac issues that GHC uses works well. Specifically:

- Mailing list for routine communication.
- Trac tickets / Git issues / Phab something-or-other for discussion on a specific proposal.
- Wiki page to present a specific proposal.

Wiki pages and tickets are therefore often linked together, and sometimes a conversation has to move from the mailing list to a ticket (though rarely the other way around).

I specifically vote against using the mailing list to debate well-defined issues that need to be resolved, as it's far too easy to lose signal in the noise and hard to see the thread all in one place.

I'm personally agnostic about the decision between Trac/Github/Phab.

Richard