patch applied (haskell-prime-status): add ""Make $ left associative, like application"

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:59:29 EDT 2008

Hello Niklas,

Thursday, April 24, 2008, 12:42:02 AM, you wrote:

> But then I started questioning my own motives. What changes would that
> be? Changing a . to a $ if I decided to remove the previous last piece
> of the "pipeline"? Doesn't seem too hairy, and I have to do far worse
> than that already when refactoring.

it's not refactoring! it's just adding more features - exception
handler, progress indicator, memory pool and so on. actually, code
blocks used as a sort of RAII for Haskell. are you wanna change all
those ';' when you add new variable to your C++ code?

  bracketCtrlBreak (archiveReadFooter command arcname) (archiveClose.fst) $ \(archive,footer) -> do
    bad_crcs <- withList $ \bad_crcs -> do
      doChunks arcsize sector_size $ \bytes -> do
        uiWithProgressIndicator command arcsize $ do
or
    handleCtrlBreak  (ignoreErrors$ fileRemove arcname_fixed) $ do
    bracketCtrlBreak (archiveCreateRW arcname_fixed) (archiveClose) $ \new_archive -> do
    withJIT (fileOpen =<< originalURL originalName arcname) fileClose $ \original' -> do

is just two examples from my code

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com