Infix expressions

Ashley Yakeley ashley at
Fri Mar 17 04:23:21 EST 2006

In article
<036EAC76E7F5EC4996A3B3C3657D411604D4AB38 at EUR-MSG-21.europe.corp.microso>,
 "Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj at>

> But can
> we arrange the home page of so that a new and ignorant
> visitor can simply look on the visible page (without prior knowledge)
> and know where to go?

Yes, yes, go ahead and change the page as you like. Getting it just
right is harder than it seems, though. Meanwhile I shall admonish
contributors to bear in mind that our first audience is those expecting
a web-site on Haskell and not necessarily interested in this "wiki"

> And can there be some information readily
> accessible that explains what categories are, and how to use them and
> add to them?

I'm hoping readers will just click on a category page and see a little
index of relevant articles, and understand what it's about. I can edit
the structure of category pages if necessary. Nevertheless it may be
appropriate to make it clearer on the front page whether or not a link
is a page with actual content or merely one of these indexy-things.

Editing the website, on the other hand, takes us in MediaWiki territory.
More prominent links to editing help on Wikipedia might be appropriate;
strictly speaking I can't just copy it across for copyright reasons.

Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA