Export lists in modules

Christopher Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 08:08:03 EST 2006

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but something I
would really find useful is the ability to tell Haskell to export
everything in a function except for some named functions. The problem
at the moment is that if you have a large file with lots of functions
and you want to export everything in that file apart from one
function, then you have to either:

export explicitly every function apart from the function you want;
import the module hiding the function

The first is time consuming and prone to errors and the second raises
issues about making libraries portable. I may want to produce an API
for example and not export a particular function for a particular
reason - I don't want people who use my API to have to use import
hiding every time they use it.

What does anybody think?

Chris.

Christopher Brown