Unicode, was Comment Syntax

Taral taralx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:06:35 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> but it currently doesn't recognize any unicode characters as possible
> operators. which it should, but I am just not sure how to specify that
> yet until some sort of standard develops. Once there are more unicode
> compliant compilers out there something will evolve probably.

Character attributes are defined in unicode:

http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/

It's just a matter of mapping. Perhaps this is worth considering
amending for Haskell'? The Haskell98 grammar talks about "symbol",
"uppercase", "lowercase", while Unicode is a bit more... diverse.

--
Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about