H-core (was: Re: ~ patterns)

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Feb 2 19:42:20 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 11:19:09AM +0000, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> There is a potential confusion here between the H-core language as used
> in the Haskell'98 report, and ghc's current external-core language.
> The former contains classes, and the latter does not.  Ghc-core has
> type-lambdas, but H-core does not.  Ghc-core has unboxed values,
> H-core does not.

Yeah, core is a pretty overloaded term in haskell. Here I was definitly
thinking of Haskell Core, as in a subset of haskell' that is still pure
haskell and will compile via any haskell' compiler. I try to get in the
habit of alway saying the full haskell core, ghc core, or jhc core (is
there an nhc core?) but sometimes get sloppy.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈