Comment Syntax

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 1 19:40:26 EST 2006

I am against such a change.  The change would break existing software
(eg, Yampa) and secondly I don't buy the "main sources of
confusion for beginners" argument.  The confusion arises only when a
single line comment is used to uncomment a set of characters that start
with a special symbol.  That's a situation that doesn't arise that
often.  (I'd actually be very happy if the main sources of confusion fpr
beginners where of such simple syntactic nature.)

As for consistency, well if you absolutely want to make it consistent,
impose the same rule on {- as on --.

Manuel