Concurrency, FFI status

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Fri Apr 14 09:08:07 EDT 2006

Good summary.  I have made a few edits mainly to clarify what (I think)
is being said.

Under "cooperative or preemptive concurrency" I'd like someone two write
down as precisely as possible what it means to say "the spec requires
cooperative concurrency" or "the spec requires preemptive concurrency".
That would set the context for the following choices