FDs and confluence

Tom Schrijvers Tom.Schrijvers at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Apr 13 03:39:08 EDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Claus Reinke wrote:

> (btw, in a real implementation, I wouldn't expect the memo constraints to
> enter the constraint store at all - they are just a CHR-based way to express
> a memo table, hence the name; as, in fact, I explained before even starting
> that alternative translation thread..).

Sure, you can have any particular dedicated data structure to realize part
of the constraint store. CHR implementations already use lists, trees,
hashtables, global variables, ...

If some Haskell' implementations want a dedicated CHR implementation for
their type inference, there is already quite some expertise in efficient
implementation and optimized compilation of CHR and I would be
interested as a CHR implementor.

Cheers,

Tom

--