[Haskell-community] Is it reasonable to poll the community on this ML?

Kosyrev Serge skosyrev at ptsecurity.com
Mon Aug 29 15:39:00 UTC 2016

Gershom B writes:
>> I might understand the concern about archiving, but haskell-cafe
>> solves that. And "the committee can't be expected to follow
>> discussions" and "is empowered to act" does sound like "the committee
>> can't be expected to listen to the community”.

Technical issues ought to be decided on their technical substance,
not through popularity contests, aren't they?

> It means that committee members should be expected to chase all over
> social media and sort through lots of poor signal/noise ratio to find
> potentially relevant discussions at all times. Rather, it is better to
> centralize these things to the extent possible.That’s all.

Requiring the committee to maintain quality discussion across a spectrum of
$RANDOM_MEDIA_OF_THE_DAY sounds like punishment to me, indeed.

And if we are to choose one medium -- repeating points made on reddit:

--
с уважениeм / respectfully / Z poważaniem,
Косырев Сергей