[Haskell-community] haskell.org download page

Adam Foltzer acfoltzer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:00:22 UTC 2016

> What about the backpack-related work?  Isn't cabal-install where the
> user-facing CLI side of this work is most likely to be landed?

Backpack is also very exciting, indeed!

That being said, assuming the minimal installer variant get dropped from
> downloads, where is downloads/linux going to move to, and how will it be
> discoverable in future?

This a really important point.

Does anyone know if the distributions listed on the HP Linux page have
packaged the minimal platform? As it is right now, it appears that Windows
and Mac send you to a page where you can choose either, but Linux only
provides instructions for Full except under the Generic option.

If distros start to package HP Minimal, I would propose replacing the
Fedora and Arch instructions on downloads/linux with that, but we'll want
to keep the Ubuntu instructions around due to your excellent PPA. I'm not
sure how that should look concretely, though, given that it would
essentially become a fourth option if HP Minimal replaces the current
minimal installer section.