[Haskell-community] Request for comment: New haskell.org download page

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Fri Sep 25 06:59:11 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 08:41:31AM +0300, Michael Snoyman wrote:
> There was a lot of discussion on Twitter about this thread, but almost none
> of those participants wrote into this discussion. When I asked why[1], I
> got (at least[2]) two forms of response:
>
> 1. I don't want to sign up for another mailing list just to vote
> 2. Previous actions made it seem like the voting would be inconsequential
> to the outcome
>
> To try and lower the barrier to entry, I created a Google Form with the
> same questions as above:
>
> [...]

Subscribing haskell-community is extremely useful and exciting! One can:
    1. cast their vote on this particular issue
    2. express their opinion in 'longhand' (which could be very useful
       towards reaching consensus)
    3. get engaged with other persons (which could be useful for 2.
       or general "see what other people are thinking" benefit)
    4. keep in touch with what the committee is discussing and contribute
       with his/her ideas even in the future

A Google Form, as convenient as it is, doesn't allow/encourage 2.,
3. and 4. (plus it seems to require a Google account, which I don't have).

To the folks out there: join the fun! Haskell-community was created
with this spirit in mind [1] (as this request for comments/votes show!)
and subscribing to this mailing list is one way to contribute to the
community we all love being part of.

[1] https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2015-September/121328.html