[Haskell-community] Haskell Platform as the default recommendation considered harmful

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Mon Sep 21 17:27:02 UTC 2015

> I'd say edit it now to recommend the existing Minimal GHC installation
> procedures that were in place.
>
> Is there a problem with changing the downloads page now and changing it
> again months from now after the alternative you're anticipating has been
> tested?
>
> Is there anything blocking this? Do you need me to write the PR?

I'm currently in the process of rewriting the download page to reflect the
three main alternatives (HP, Stack, Minimal). I'll post the final draft here
when it's ready (likely tomorrow), after which I'd appreciate hearing your
feedback before we take it live.

However, I'm not ready to simply delete the HP reference just yet. It's
possible we could reorder the options, though. At the moment we're using
HP/Stack/Minimal. You'll see what I mean when the draft is ready.

John