[Haskell-community] Hackage Roots of Trust

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:28:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Gershom B <gershomb at gmail.com> wrote:

> We can keep our eye on it, but our globalsign cert is fine for the
> time being in my opinion.
>
> For now, I'm happy to let Jason continue to manage the cert since
> transferring it is potentially a pain?

First off, I don't mind managing it. I just interact with a webform once a
year. Pretty minimal.

Second, at the moment the biggest pain point on my end is safely and
securely transferring the cert files to the people who need them. In the
past, I think we used gpg + email. So if we simply did it in a better way
that pain point would go away. I should probably be using scp to transfer
the files to a secure directory on the server where the admin team can pick
it up.

I don't know if transferring the responsibility will be painful. The folks
at GlobalSign really like the opportunity to support the Haskell community
with the cert and they are responsive, so I doubt it will be painful.

I should play around with the GlobalSign website and see if I can use it to
delegate to others. Could we set it up so that one person authorizes the
creation of the cert, but grants others access once it's created?

I'm most interested in redundancy (in case something happens to me or I'm
unavailable at the right time) and also interested in secure handling of
the cert.