[Haskell-cafe] [Call for Participation]: Haskell Certification Program

jo at durchholz.org jo at durchholz.org
Tue Jun 25 11:03:31 UTC 2024

On 25.06.24 08:01, Noon van der Silk wrote:
> I would also suggest it's fairly bold to claim that this is in any way
> "objective" insofar as no exams are "objective", they merely test the
> subjective interests, experiences, and skills of the setters, and,
> crucially, an ability to succeed in exam conditions, which *many* people
> struggle with, for an extremely large variety of reasons. Your Haskell
> may be very different from my Haskell.

Still, it's objective in the sense that anybody who comes with a
certificate has successfully memorized the information in the course.

It's also proof that the candidate had enough interest in Haskell to
invest significant time for obtaining a certificate.

It's a minimal foundation that employers can assume so they don't have
to check that themselves, they can concentrate on other aspects, and
it's a known stable foundation, minimal as it may be.

Nothing of that is a full picture of a candidate's developer
personality, but nothing is anyway.

HTH
Jo