[Haskell-cafe] Parallel Haskell on an M2 Mac

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 06:21:55 UTC 2024

I don't know a lot about parallel Haskell, so I'm wondering in general
terms how that would work with my M2 Mac. I have a search task that's
easily run in parallel. For example, I might map a function over a list,
and each item's evaluation can run in parallel. On the M2 MacBook I have,
there are 4 efficiency cores with 1 thread each, and 8 performance cores
with 2 threads each. Is it fairly easy to use parallel Haskell to spread
the task over these 20 possible threads? By any chance could I limit it to
using the performance cores if that helps the speed?

Thanks,
Dennis