[Haskell-cafe] what monad is this?

Georgi Lyubenov godzbanebane at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:37:47 UTC 2024

Notably, it is not always useful to suggest removing the `do`, e.g. I
will often write that exact same `do`
block with a let in it in tests, because it is very often the case that
later down the line I do end up wanting to
use binds/stop using binds in the `do` block, and I personally think the
syntactic noise in the git diffs is not worth
the (purely aesthetic?) benefit of not having the `do`.

It's also useful if you're a fan of "abusing"(?) BlockArguments+`do` to turn
   (foo bar baz)
   (u v)

   do foo bar baz
   do u v