[Haskell-cafe] Request for take over: graphviz

Daniel Casanueva daniel.casanueva at proton.me
Wed Oct 18 11:04:43 UTC 2023

Hello,

graphviz [1] maintenance has been inactive for a long time now. Revisions have been published, but the maintainer seems unresponsive. Last year, Bodigrim suggested the package needs a new maintainer in a GitHub thread [2] that one month ago I found while looking if someone had already done the fix I needed.

I'm happy to help keeping the package alive so, about a month ago, I emailed Ivan (graphviz's author) to the e-mail address from his GitHub profile, offering my assistance with graphviz. I haven't gotten any answer yet, so I thought I should be making my offer public, as indicated by the "Taking over a package" wikipage [3].

I don't have big change plans for graphviz. Most likely I will just be patching it to keep it working with future GHC releases and reviewing/accepting PRs.

Thank you,
Daniel

[1] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/graphviz
[2] https://github.com/ivan-m/graphviz/pull/53#issuecomment-1261496914