[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.8.1 is now available

J. Reinders jaro.reinders at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:57:50 UTC 2023

Hi Kazu,

In addition to the other answers, I’d like to note that Data.List.unzip can be
much more efficient than Data.Functor.unzip. In particular, Data.List.unzip
only does a single traversal over the list and it can be fused with good
producers. Whereas Data.Functor.unzip does two traversals and cannot fuse.
The documentation should really be changed to mention that.

So, I’d say use Data.List.unzip when possible.

Cheers,

Jaro