[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Usage

Henrique Caldeira h.caldeira at ua.pt
Tue Nov 14 21:27:57 UTC 2023

Good Evening from Portugal,

I write to you about the usage of Haskell because I had a professor recommending me Erlang instead because Haskell was "more for academic purposes", which left me wondering if all my time spent was spent only for curiosity sake.

I want to know how true my professor's statement is.

I am very passionate about Haskell, although I admit the ecosystem can be confusing sometimes (for example, when to use cabal or stack, which versions of packages to use in order to avoid conflicts, or simply installing them through nixos or arch can be a learning process).

Would love to hear your thoughts about all of this and thank you with all my heart.

Lastly, all these wonderings are asked in a curious, "wanting to learn more" mindset.

Kind regards,
Henrique Caldeira