[Haskell-cafe] Contributing packages?

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Thu May 4 04:12:59 UTC 2023

I just tried to upload a new Haskell package and ran into some difficulties.

If I just try to upload, it fails and says I need to contact somebody in the
trustees group to be added to the Uploaders group.

If I try to upload a package candidate instead, it says Forbidden,
No access for this resource.

The Uploading packages help page is not very helpful.

Also, I have a Hackage account and I can get to the account management
page, and generate an auth key, but I don't know what I can do with that.

It seems the package candidate feature is the way to go, since
direct uploads are irreversible and more difficult to manage.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dominick