[Haskell-cafe] HLS in VS Code is identifying problems that don't when I run stack on the command line

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:40:17 UTC 2023

I'm opening the project by running VS Code first, then opening the root
folder of the project. I don't have a 'code' command installed or no path
to it set; this doesn't happen by default on MacOS but I could look it up.

But I think I got a better clue by running haskell-language-server-wrapper:

I got this line.
Run entered for
haskell-language-server-wrapper(haskell-language-server-wrapper) Version
1.9.0.0 x86_64 ghc-9.4.4

And then:

Tool versions found on the $PATH
cabal:          3.6.2.0
stack:          2.3.3
ghc:            8.10.7

My stack.yaml is using the resolver
lts-18.19
which does specify GHC 8.10.7 according to what I looked up.

But that ghc-9.4.4 seems to be a problem.

Thanks! But how to fix?