[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Copilot 3.10

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:28:10 UTC 2022

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 at 17:12, Joey Hess <id at joeyh.name> wrote:

> Karel Gardas wrote:
> > Thanks for the talk and for the arduino and zephyr support. However seen
> > this I can't resist to think that you basically turn copilot upside down
> and
> > make that a real "pilot". E.g. you turn all the sampling of system
> variables
> > and comparing with the spec idea to let's make it a real C code and run
> that
> > instead. Am I right or still not getting whole idea behind the Copilot?
>
> Yes, the Arduino is being piloted without anyone in the other seat, as it
> were.

I've seen other people do this too (that is, using Copilot as a stream
processing or dataflow language to control systems, not monitor them).

It's something that likely has not been explored enough in the context of
Copilot. In the domain where Copilot is applied, there are other languages
that I expect might be more expressive (Scade comes to mind).

I'd be interested in seeing more examples, and the plumbing necessary in
each case. If "piloting", as you call it, is a use case we ever decide to
support, that'll help us design the language right.

Ivan