[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Copilot 3.10

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Sat Jul 16 21:03:07 UTC 2022

On 7/16/22 17:44, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ivan Perez wrote:
>>> We also want to thank everyone who uses and helps promote
>>> Copilot
>>
>> By the way, I'd like to give a shoutout to Joey Hess, who has built
>> arduino-copilot and zephyr-copilot. Joey updated both projects immediately
>> after our release so that they work with Copilot 3.10.
>>
>> I've just found out that he also gave a talk on his work, which I think does an
>> amazing job at showing how easy it is to get it running on arduinos.
>
> Thanks Ivan. The talk was at Houston PFUG and is here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-luyVRgWVU

Thanks for the talk and for the arduino and zephyr support. However seen
this I can't resist to think that you basically turn copilot upside down
and make that a real "pilot". E.g. you turn all the sampling of system
variables and comparing with the spec idea to let's make it a real C
code and run that instead. Am I right or still not getting whole idea
behind the Copilot?

> I would love to see a talk explaining programming the Copilot DSL from
> someone who understands it better. :-)

Me too. :-)

Thanks a lot!
Karel