[Haskell-cafe] Any chances to fetch data from Vertica DB?

Anatoly Zaretsky anatoly.zaretsky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:31:16 UTC 2022

Hi, Geraldus!

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 1:44 AM Geraldus <heraldhoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to connect and fetch data
> from the Vertica database?  I got used to the amazing `esqueleto` package,
> and ideally, I'm looking for a way to use type-safe queries.  Albeit at the
> moment raw SQL queries would be sufficient.

They claim to have ODBC drivers [1], so perhaps for raw SQL `HDBC-odbc` [2]
could work out of the box. Since `esqueleto` relies on `persistent`, some
non-trivial integration might be required to make them talk to each other
[3].

[1] https://www.vertica.com/download/vertica/client-drivers/
[2] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/HDBC-odbc
[3] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/persistent-odbc