[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Foundation seeks new Executive Director
lists at richarde.dev
Wed Feb 9 15:57:53 UTC 2022
Following Andrew Boardman's resignation announcement  yesterday, the Haskell Foundation is seeking a new Executive Director. The job ad appears below. Note that we are eager to identify our next leader, and so the turnaround is tight -- we will fully consider only applications received by the end of Feb 22 (anywhere on Earth). Please spread the word, recommend folks to consider, use your networks, etc! Feel free to post here or reach out to me with any questions.
Job ad home: https://haskell.foundation/careers/ed.html
# Executive Director
## About the Haskell Foundation
The Haskell Foundation (HF) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to broadening the adoption of Haskell, by supporting its ecosystem of tools, libraries, education, and research.
## The Role
HF seeks a full-time Executive Director (ED) to continue to inspire and develop the organization. The ED is responsible for furthering HF’s mission and vision, ensuring that resources are in place to accomplish its goals. The ED will drive sourcing for sponsorships, structure the organization, recruit and channel the efforts of both volunteers and paid staff.
Working with HF's Board of Directors, the ED will articulate HF’s strategic priorities and direction. They will assess and evaluate strategies, hire teams, set budgets, forge alliances, and build partnerships to further the mission.
The ED will play a crucial role in building the culture of HF around community service. HF will succeed if and only if it succeeds in unlocking the expertise and enthusiasm of volunteer members of the community. This will be a major goal for the ED, so that volunteers find HF to be a solid professional home with ample opportunities for recognition and professional growth.
Finally, the ED will actively promote HF to build its financial reserves and goodwill. They will secure, budget, and allocate resources appropriately and hold themselves accountable for the financial health of the organization.
## Reporting Relationships
The ED reports to the Board of Directors. All other members of staff and volunteers report directly or indirectly to the ED.
**Organization Mission and Strategy**: Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled.
* Responsible for the implementation of volunteer programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
* Responsible for recruiting existing community projects to affiliate with HF, and for assessing their ongoing adherence to HF standards.
* Responsible for the enhancement of HF’s image by being engaged with the community and by working closely with other professional and private organizations.
* Be the public face of HF through public presentations at Haskell-related events.
* Cultivate excellent relationships with the community and operate HF’s social media presence.
**Organization Operations**: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
* Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff as financial resources permit.
* Responsible for the effective administration of HF’s operations.
* Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
* Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
**Viability**: Develops financial resources sufficient to ensure the sustainability of the organization.
* Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support HF’s mission.
* Participate in identifying and cultivating corporate, institutional and individual sponsors.
**Board Governance**: Works with the Board to help it enact HF’s mission.
* Responsible for leading HF in a manner that supports the organization’s mission.
* Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed judgements.
* Ensure that HF is in compliance with relevant state and federal laws, regulations and with standard accounting procedures.
* Work with individual Board members and subcommittees as directed by the Board.
* Inform the Board regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding and program success and priorities.
* Responsible for the fiscal integrity of HF, ensure that the Board is able to monitor the financial condition of HF. This means preparing budgets and financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization and are kept up to date.
## Salary and Employment
The ED can live anywhere in the world – remote working is the standard within HF.
The ED must be eligible under USA law and the law in their jurisdiction to perform work (as an employee or as a contractor) for a non-profit organization incorporated in the USA.
Salary will be commensurate with the experience and qualities of the candidate, and will also reflect the Foundation’s status as a non-profit organization funded by donations.
## Key Credentials and Personal Qualities
Candidates are encouraged to apply with the expectation that the Board will assist and coach in areas of personal development tailored to the successful candidate’s needs.
* Successful experience in development and organizational leadership in a non-profit or business setting.
* Self-starter, with strong motivational and staff leadership abilities.
* Demonstrated knowledge, via experience or an advanced degree in CS, math or a related technical field.
* Willingness to execute fundraising plans and strategies that generate significant results.
* Commitment to results; “can-do" mindset with emphasis on accountability.
* Exceptional in communicating verbally and in written language.
* Integrity and impeccable work ethic.
* Experience at change management.
* Experience in writing persuasive materials including successful appeals, proposals, presentations, stewardship materials, and other collateral.
* Knowledge of the Haskell community and its dynamics.
HF celebrates diversity and inclusion, and does not discriminate on an individual’s identity characteristics. Under-represented minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
## Application Process
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining how their skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and their vision for the Foundation.
Send to nominations at haskell.foundation. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to email chair at haskell.foundation.
Closing date: Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe