[Haskell-cafe] current status of cloud haskell?

Serguey Zefirov sergueyz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:03:09 UTC 2022

I can't help myself, I have to try to talk you out of the use of
distributed-process. ;)

It is hard to use, requiring at least some understanding of Erlang's
process model and some implementation details of distributed-process
itself. It also uses EDSL for pattern-matching of messages, and that makes
you lose compiler guarantees like pattern match completeness.

If I may offer an alternative, please, consider DSTM:
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/DSTM

My experience with distributed systems (some HPC, a couple of blockchains
and a couple of databases) shows that what is usually needed is a
distributed transactional memory. One usually needs atomic and consistent
orchestration of computations in a distributed setting, which is most
easier to obtain through, well, distributed software transactional memory.

It also contains an implementation of a simple game as an example. ;)

чт, 3 февр. 2022 г. в 20:38, stuebinm via Haskell-Cafe <