[Haskell-cafe] Haskell's "historical futurism" needs better writing, not better tools

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Fri Sep 17 09:16:16 UTC 2021

Hi Michael,

I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciate this thread. You're right, our writing and communication often and in many places does fall short of what's needed (sucks).

I think your core point, that writing and communicating better could achieve more than tool-building, is very good.

I saw some of the books and docs did not work for you. If you have the time to try another, I'd love to know how Mark Watson's "Haskell Tutorial and Cookbook" strikes you. It's the one I (and only I, for some reason) often recommend to practical minded haskellers.

(Pardon the unthreaded reply)