[Haskell-cafe] Resources on how to implement (Haskell 98) kind-checking?

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:49:28 UTC 2021

I believe you can treat kind chekcing /inference in the H98 setting as
another instance of hindley Milner type inference where the types are the
terms, and kinds are the types.  And where there are no user lambdas.  So
it’s only “combinator” definitions as introduced by user defined type class
and type and data definitions.

Moreover, I think you can limit yourself to considering it a sort of
 simply typed calculus for the purposes of using a unification approach.
ESP since poly kinds aren’t there.

I hope that helps, but if not please ask more!