[Haskell-cafe] Wrapping external process communication in a nice API?

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Sat May 29 14:59:58 UTC 2021

Hi.

For my chessIO package, I wrote a module to communicate with
UCI (Universal Chess Interface) speaking chess engines.

This sort of thing is pretty new to me.
I settled to use attoparsec for parsing and
TChan to feed incoming data to the library users.
This is the first thing that I found which looked like it could work...

I would be thrilled if someone with more experience in this area would
give my approach a review.  Let me know if something is glaringly
unidiomatic, I am sure you will find things.

https://github.com/mlang/chessIO/blob/master/src/Game/Chess/UCI.hs

This is for me to learn, and to avoid putting weird stuff on hackage...
I actually prefer private mail, but a GitHub issue or even a PR are also
highly welcome.

Thanks.

--
CYa,