[Haskell-cafe] Some questions about Fudgets library

Antonio R G chikitosan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 12:36:57 UTC 2021

Hi,

Finally, after much reading and thinking, I decided to not use fudgets for my bittorrent application, so my plan to modernize the Fudget library will be on hold for some time, at least until I finish the application. Anyway, I have now a pretty clear idea of how to modernize it, and will do it eventually (it'll be a quite radical rewriting).

Why not use fudgets for bittorrent? Well, I come to the conclusion that fudgets are great for writing client/server applications, where there is bidirectional flow of information but requests only flow in one direction; but, for p2p applications, where both information and requests flow bidirectionally, fudgets are not the most natural way to implement them. So I'll search for a different abstraction or maybe switch to a logic language or functional-logic language.

Best regards,

Antonio Regidor Garcia