[Haskell-cafe] Future of package cryptonite

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 21:32:05 UTC 2021

I'm not sure if these issues affect those particular packages, but the
ecosystem should not be in a rush for GHC 9 compatibility, due to a few
issues with unsafePerformIO which may be serious blockers. Kindly pump the
brakes on this and wait until ghc 9.0.2 at least.

See: https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/19413

(But I do generally agree that we should push for widely-used projects to
have more co-maintainers.)

-- Dan Burton