[Haskell-cafe] Future of package cryptonite

Simon Jakobi simon.jakobi at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 15 09:11:14 UTC 2021

With regards to basement, I think it's neither hasty nor unwarranted
to push for new maintainers. Vincent has been aware of the
compatibility issue with GHC 9.0 for nearly 3 months:
https://github.com/haskell-infra/hackage-trustees/issues/284#issuecomment-750738981

Now that GHC 9.0.1 has been out for over 5 weeks, I think it's pretty
reasonable to expect that a package as central as basement should get
a compatible release.