[Haskell-cafe] Package Takeover: `toml`

Bryan Richter b at chreekat.net
Fri Mar 12 17:15:12 UTC 2021

Can I suggest to the Hackage Whoever a slight change in policy?

I think the shock of seeing a package takeover request for your own package
is understandably, uh, shocking, and makes the ensuing discussion tense. I
also feel like most takeover requests follow this pattern; rarely does a
package end up changing hands.

Perhaps it's a problem of tone.

Rather than suggesting "State your intention to take over the package in a
public forum ", step 2 should lighten up and state, "After trying to reach
the maintainer for a reasonable amount of time, reach out to the public to
expand your search."

https://wiki.haskell.org/Taking_over_a_package