[Haskell-cafe] Package Takeover: `toml`

amindfv at mailbox.org amindfv at mailbox.org
Fri Mar 12 05:56:06 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 05:27:57AM +0000, Emily Pillmore wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I have been eyeing a remake of this package for a long time for some of my projects. To be clear: there is no fire that needs to be put out, but I do have a need. The package has been out of commission for 7 years, and there are certainly no relevant downstream dependencies at this point. Do you have a source repository or existing code that I could see or make use of in the interim period between now and a release?

Again, trying to be respectful here, but "burning" kinda does imply "fire," and "need" certainly does imply "need." It's now seeming more just like a desire for the package name.

If you're looking for a modern TOML parser asap, I'd recommend one of these popular ones:

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/htoml
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/tomland
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/toml-parser

The last one is probably most similar to the `toml` package. It's great. `htoml` was also based on `toml`.

If none of these fits the bill, there are more on Hackage.

Tom