[Haskell-cafe] Some questions about Fudgets library

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 22:20:57 UTC 2021

Hi Antonio,

I've long envisioned a reimplementation of Fudgets using Monadic Stream
Functions [1].

MSFs are like Yampa's SFs but with constrained side effects and without the
mandatory continuous time (but you can put it back).

I don't think there is a fundamental limitation other than finding the time
to do it. Sometimes there's issues with implementing arr in these kinds of
systems (because it lifts a pure function and so it creates a widget with
uninitialized state), but it can be worked out.
Ping me up if you want to talk about this. I was going to do something
along these lines by the end of my PhD, so I thought a bit about how to do
it. I also did some experiments for application debugging that used similar
ideas.

All the best,

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/dunai/