[Haskell-cafe] Desktop GUI in Haskell

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:53:23 UTC 2021

Hi A. Mc.,

Just in case it helps:

Its perfectly fine to create a Haskell windows desktop application in Gtk.
I've done it, and I deployed commercial desktop applications in the past
(AFAIK, they were in production for over a decade without issues and they
may still be used). Gtk has a mailing list that, as of last year, was still
active: gtk2hs-users at lists.sourceforge.net. It's *very* low traffic.

If installing or getting gtk to work gives you headaches, you may want to
consider Wx. I had some issues last time I tried wx on mac (IIRC 2020), but
those issues may no longer be there.

If you have questions, feel free to drop me a line. I may not be able to
spend time debugging low-level details, but I may be able to help if I hit
the same roadblock.

Cheers

Ivan