[Haskell-cafe] xmonad: eyes based navigation between monitors.

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:20:55 UTC 2020

Hi all

In case it's useful, the following two projects I built a few years ago
might help:

Kinect control for the game Haskanoid:

https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/haskanoid/blob/develop/src/Input.hs#L237-L280

Webcam-based face position/distance detection module for a posture monitor:

https://github.com/keera-studios/keera-posture/blob/develop/src/AI/CV/PostureProcessors.hs#L40

Either method could achieve something like what you want. I'd recommend
playing with having the kinect/webcam in different positions (not just
between the monitors, and potentially even slightly to the right of the
rightmost monitor, or to the left of the leftmost one).

I never managed to make eye detection work on Kinect. I heard the very
latest version of the kinect (under development in 2017) was able to detect
eye movement well, but never tried it myself. It would have been a cool
accessibility feature for haskanoid.

All the best,

Ivan